Stefan Fatsis and Josh Levin talk with Media7’s Alex Kirshner about the racist, sexist, and homophobic emails written through now-former NFL head train Jon Gruden. Writer Roberto José Andrade Franco joins to discuss Mexican-American soccer superstar Ricardo Pepi. Finally, Chantel Jennings of the Athletic breaks down the WNBA playoffs.
• Support Hang Up and Listen through subscribing to Media7 Plus.
• Follow Alex Kirshner on Twitter and examine his Media7 tale, “Jon Gruden Is the NFL.”
• Gruden resigned as head train of the Las Vegas Raiders after the New York Times discovered a collection of homophobic and misogynistic comments written in emails over seven years.
• Earlier, the Wall Street Journal stated a Gruden e-mail that used vile racist tropes to describe the executive director of the NFL Players Association, DeMaurice Smith.
• Gruden’s comments had been observed in a cache of 650,000 emails that were part of an investigation of the toxic place of job subculture on the Washington Football Team.
• Bomani Jones’ The Right Time episode on Gruden.
• Follow Roberto José Andrade Franco on Twitter and examine his ESPN story, “The unstoppable desires of USMNT prodigy Ricardo Pepi.”
• Eric Betts wrote in Media7 about Pepi scoring three desires in his first appearances for the United States men’s national team, wins over Jamaica and Honduras.
• Julián Araujo advised the Athletic’s Felipe Cardenas why he chose to represent Mexico in preference to america. David Ochoa wrote about making the same selection at the Players’ Tribune.
• Follow Chantel Jennings on Twitter.
• In the Athletic, Jennings wrote about the Chicago Sky’s ninety one-seventy seven win over the Phoenix Mercury in Game 1 of the WNBA Finals and defined the league’s tour and arena woes.
• Read Kavitha A. Davidson’s tale within the Athletic, “The WNBA shouldn’t need to combat for recognize in 2021.”
• Possible GOAT Candace Parker left the Los Angeles Sparks after 12 years to play together with her fatherland team, the Sky.
• Jennings wrote about whether Sue Bird of Seattle will retire and ESPN’s Josh Weinfuss wrote approximately whether Diana Taurasi of Phoenix will do the same.
• The Atlanta Dream will not re-signal gamers involved in a brawl outside a food truck within the summer. Dream co-proprietor Renee Bernard Law Montgomery said the crew knew approximately the fight shortly after it passed off.
Hang Up and Listen’s weekly James Wade:
Josh’s James Wade: In seek of a brand new tackle “it’s no longer approximately the X’s and O’s it’s approximately the Jims and Joes.”
On this week’s bonus segment, Stefan, Josh, and Alex Kirshner communicate approximately Texas A&M’s forty one-38 dissatisfied win over Alabama.
Podcast manufacturing and edit with the aid of Kevin Bendis.
You can e-mail us at email@example.com.